By Thucydides Xanthopoulos (auth.), Thucydides Xanthopoulos (eds.)
Clocking in sleek VLSI Systems covers quite a lot of matters regarding microprocessor clocking together with distribution, flop layout, inductive concepts, section noise and jitter, hold up lock recommendations, resiliency and different thoughts to deal with approach version and actual layout facets. The booklet comprises rigorous analytical remedy for a few very important issues reminiscent of timing uncertainty due statistical spatial and temporal phenomena, metastability, jitter within the time and frequency area and supply-induced clock noise. It additionally encompasses a huge variety of layout examples and case reports, history details, a whole checklist of references and a few complicated issues. the themes lined replicate to a wide volume the collective pursuits and foci of either and academia with admire to clocking. it's very updated and co-authored by way of a panel of specialists eager about clock layout in significant processor chips.
Clocking in sleek VLSI Systems is authored from a robust layout standpoint and may aid readers drawn to clock layout receive the mandatory history details and instruments for any such activity. The publication additionally captures layout tendencies that experience seemed during the last few years and offers a accomplished checklist of references for extra study.
Read Online or Download Clocking in modern VLSI systems PDF
Similar technique books
ETAPS 2006 used to be the 9th example of the ecu Joint meetings on conception and perform of software program. ETAPS is an annual federated convention that was once verified in 1998 through combining a couple of present and new meetings. This yr it comprised ? ve meetings (CC, ESOP, FASE, FOSSACS, TACAS), 18 satellite tv for pc workshops (AC- CAT, AVIS, CMCS, COCV, DCC, EAAI, FESCA, FRCSS, GT-VMT, LDTA, MBT, QAPL, SC, SLAP, SPIN, TERMGRAPH, WITS and WRLA), tutorials, and 7 invited lectures (not together with those who have been speci?
Fresh significant developments in modern-day advanced and aggressive excessive know-how international society have underscored the significance for a textbook on strategic know-how administration. the 1st is the need of significant international organisations and excessive expertise businesses to rent graduates who're capable of comprehend engineering and technological know-how, and make sound strategic enterprise judgements.
- VLSI. Design Techniques for Analog and Digital Circuits
- Guide Technique Fusil Semi-Automatique de 7,5 mm Modele 1949-56 [FRENCH]
- Development of Criteria for Acceptable Previous Cargoes for Fats and Oils: Report of a Joint Fao Who Technical Meeting, Bilthoven, Netherlands 7-9 Nov
- Electrical Energy its Generation Transmission and Utilization
- Machine language for the Commodore 64
- Cazas y aviones de ataque alemanes de la segunda guerra mundial
Additional info for Clocking in modern VLSI systems
1) In the setup constraint situation, the available time for data propagation is reduced by the clock uncertainty defined as the absolute difference of the clock arrival times. This uncertainty |TCk1 − TCk2 | can originate from various sources and their classification will be discussed in subsequent sections. 1), either clock period must be extended or path delay must be reduced. In either case, power and operating frequency may be affected. 5. This case specifies the situation where the data propagation delay is fast, and clock uncertainty makes the problem even 1 The latency is referenced to the root of the distribution.
In this configuration, the clock can be transported in a balanced fashion across one dimension of the die with low structural skew. 20). 21. In this implementation, the longest branch determines the delay from the output of the central spine to the end loads. Serpentine routes are added to the shorter branches for delay matching. 21 shows a structure with three central spines. Multiple central spines are needed when the routing distance of the local branches is increased. Dividing the chip into several sectors served by multiple spines is a practical topology to ensure small local branch delays.
14 S. Tam Static and Dynamic Clock Uncertainties Clock uncertainties can be classified as static or dynamic. Static uncertainty does not vary or varies very slowly with time. Process variation induced clock uncertainty is such an example. On the other hand, dynamic uncertainty varies with time. Dynamic power supply induced delay variation is an example of a dynamic uncertainty. 7, the clock attributes Tskew and Tjitter are defined on clock waves Ck1 and Ck2. Taking the wave Ck1 as an example, when one of the clock edges is repeatedly sampled with an ideal reference, a timing histogram will result.
Clocking in modern VLSI systems by Thucydides Xanthopoulos (auth.), Thucydides Xanthopoulos (eds.)